Best cash back credit cards
October 21, 2019
No matter what tickles your purchasing fancy, you should be rewarded for your everyday transactions. That’s what these credit cards do in abundance. Each of them from the Chase Freedom card to the Discover it® Cash Back card gives you generous cash back incentives on your purchases.
The Chase Freedom card is perfect if you plan to use your credit card often for larger buys or need to transfer balances down to pay off debt quicker. Chase offers a $150 bonus after you spend over $500 within three months of opening your card.
Also, Chase designed this card around the casual buyer. Each quarter Chase offers 5% cash back incentives on everyday combined purchases each quarter you activate – ranging from dining out to shopping at your favorite online retailer. This incentive makes the card a must if you plan to use it regularly to maximize cash back bonuses (capped at $1,500 with all amounts over earning 1% cash back).
- There’s a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on all purchases and balance transfers (16.49% – 25.24% variable)
- Your cash back rewards don’t expire as long as your account remains active
- No annual fee
The ultimate card for the everyday credit card user. The Chase Freedom Unlimited offers a generous 1.5% cash back on all purchases with zero benefit limits. And with a 15-month 0% APR introductory rate (16.49% – 25.24% variable), it’s the perfect way to pay for a larger expense or consolidate debt.
One of the best perks of this card is the freedom to use it anywhere and receive the same rewards whether you’re paying your cable bill or buying a flight. In this regard, it’s more user-friendly in that you won’t have to keep up with your rewards program changing quarterly.
- Earn a $150 bonus after spending $500 in your first three months of the account opening
- No annual fee
- Your cash back rewards will never expire as long as your card remains active
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers some of the most generous cash back rewards you’ll earn with 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions (up to $6,000 in purchases annually.)
The card also delivers 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations, transit and ridesharing expenses, making this a great card for the frequent traveler. While American Express charges a $95 annual fee for the card, if you use the incentives enough, it will offset the annual fee quickly.
- Earn $250 cash back after spending $1,000 in purchases within three months of card membership
- Receive 1% cash back on all other purchases
The Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card rewards your nights out on the town with a 3% cash back on entertainment and dining, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases. The card also touts some unique benefits such as seasonal cash back bonuses on concert tickets.
While marketed for dining, the Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card also rewards you with cash back bonuses of 2% on groceries and 1% on other purchases, making this an excellent option if you enjoy regular nights out or in.
- Earn a $150 bonus after spending $500 within your first three months of opening the account
- Receive no annual fee while earning 3% cash back on dining and entertainment.
Would you like a credit card with simple to understand terms? Then the Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card is a great choice to consider.
You’ll earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases. No need to jump through hoops or worry about spending limits or shopping at the right store. And you can use your rewards credit as cash, pay your credit card bill or treat yourself with a gift card.
- You don’t have to have perfect credit to receive approval
- Redeem your cash back rewards how and when you want to
- Earn access to a higher credit line after making your first five payments on time
The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card gives you the power of choice by allowing you to assign 3% cash back on a category of your choosing (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases). This allows you to maximize your rewards for the items you’re going to buy most frequently.
In addition, the card offers you 2% cash back on purchases at wholesale clubs and grocery stores and 1% on every other transaction.
- No annual fee
- Earn a $200 cash reward after making at least $1,000 in charges within 90 days of opening the account
- There’s a 0% introductory APR for 15 months (15.49% – 25.49% variable)
Discover matches all of your cash back rewards for the first year. That’s an incredible way for you to earn free money. And with quarterly 5% cash back bonuses each time you activate on everything from Amazon to movies, you can rack up the rewards quickly.
The Discover it® Cash Back also features a generous 0% introductory APR for 14 months on purchases (13.49% – 24.49% variable), giving you a great way to finance larger expenses and receive more rewards at the end of the first year.
- Receive 1% cash back on all other purchases not in the 5% quarterly categories
- Use your rewards for Amazon purchases
- No annual fee